Hello Friends and Makers!
We'd love you to join us in our intro to Cosplay! We will be covering the below discussion points in a 2 and a half hour intro session:
- History of Cosplay
- Cosplay vs "Dressing Up"
- Rules (including emphasis on consent and weapons)
- Inclusiveness and manners
- Groups that encourage responsible cosplay
- Types of costume materials
- Required tools
- Examples of costumes (photos, and possibly other cosplay members)
- Interactive section/ideas
We plan to have various interested people show up with pictures, drawings, or ideas about the files they'd like to turn into costumes, Portion of the proceeds with go to be going charity.
Brian Tremblay from Royal Newfoundland Regiment Armstrong will also be in with his historical reanactment kit and display it and answer any questions the folks might have about topic.
We'd love to have anyone who is interested!
Cost: $30 plus for members or $40 plus for non-members.